The Capture One 22 15.2.0 update has been released, and can be downloaded via the Updates tab in the Preferences panel (use the Capture One > Check for Updates menu command). This is a free update for existing Capture One 22 users.
The key feature in this update is the improvement to Capture One’s perspective, or ‘Keystone’ controls. These now have a new panel with two tabs for Guides and Sliders, for visual and numerical adjustments respectively.
More important than that, though, is that the Guides panel now has an Auto button, which can correct vertical convergence, horizontal convergence or both, automatically. This brings Capture One’s perspective controls up to speed with Lightroom’s.
It’s also possible to apply vertical correction (not the other types) automatically as part of the Auto Adjustments option. It also looked as if there might be magnified Loupe for precisely positioning the perspective control points, but this has not made it into this release.
Also significant is a new Skew slider. Previously, it was possible to end up with skewed building facades, for example, even after applying careful keystone corrections, but this new option should fix that.
Other improvements in the Capture One 22 15.2.0 update include a whole raft of performance gains for M1 Macs, with preview generation up to 100% faster and Feather and Refine Mask operations up to 1,000% faster. Luma Mask rendering and Fujifilm X-Trans raw file loading are faster too.
Capture One has added support for the Phase One iXM-GS120 medium format camera, but it has also added new lens profiles for seven lenses from Olympus, Sony, Canon and Sigma:
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 20mm F1.4 PRO
- Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II + 2X Teleconverter
- Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II + 1.4X Teleconverter
- Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
- Canon RF 14-35mm F4L IS USM
- Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | C
- Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | C
The Capture One 22 15.2.0 update is available now.
- Perspective correction explained
- Capture One 22 review
- DxO ViewPoint 3 review
- Perspective Efex review (Nik Collection)
Get Capture One
Capture One is available as a one-time license or a subscription:
• Perpetual license: from $299
• Capture One Pro subscription: $24/month/$179/year
• All in one bundle: $34/month/$259/year
• Capture One Live: $9.99/month
65% discount for students
Capture One is available as a full featured 30-day trial